Wood Burning Inserts
If you are looking to turn your drafty old fireplace into an efficient heater, a wood burning insert from Handy's Heating Inc is the best way to go. We will be able to quickly remodel your existing fireplace without disturbing your hearth and mantle. We offer custom solutions tailored to your exact specifications.
Wood Burning Insert Brands
- Vermont Castings
- IHP (Country)
With real heat, real fire, and real beauty, how can you go wrong? This is the absolute best value for your home. Gas fires and logs look so real, you won't even notice the difference. And with nearly endless ways to add comfort and beauty to your home, gas inserts turn fire into a work of art.
Gas inserts give off both radiant and convective heat, which means that a large portion of your entire home can be heated. Plus, you will have plenty of control options to choose from, including simple ON/OFF switches, thermostats, and remote controls.
An ecological alternative, the initial cost of installation is typically around $3,000 - $4,500 and your operating costs will be between a third and half of log sets.
Gas Insert Brands
- White Mountain Hearth
- Vermont Castings
Designed to fit inside your existing wood burning fireplace, pellet inserts have a heating capacity of up to 2,500 sq. ft
. They come in a variety of styles including traditional cast iron and sleep European contemporary.
A few things to remember:
- The opening size of your fireplace (specifically the height) will impact the hopper size of the insert (pounds of pellets).
- Some hoppers are adjustable, which is great because it will give a wider range for the opening.
- A larger hopper is always better.
- Cleaning ports
and pellet inserts do require cleaning.
- Igniters need to be replaced.
- Ash vacuums are extremely handy accessories to have around.
- A stainless steel chimney liner is required to provide the best draft.
Pellet Insert Brands
Gas Log Sets
If you don't want to deal with wood but
are looking for the aesthetic beauty of a natural fire, a gas log set would be perfect for your needs. Now designed to provide basic radiant heat, gas log sets can add coziness and warmth to any room (but not your entire home).
Typical operating costs for natural gas run from $.61 - $1.50 per hour, based on the BTUh
input of the set's burner. Maintenance is minimal on these units (no ashes) and the initial cost can range from $700 - $2,000.
Some things to remember:
- Current building codes require a fireplace damper to be fixed in the open position.
- Environmentally safe
and clean option. Gas logs burn clean.
- Convenient and easy. With these units, you can turn on the fire with simply by pressing a button.
- Economical. The need for expensive firewood is eliminated and the unit will provide comfort all year.
- Efficient. Lab tests have proven that gas logs
heat twice as efficiently as wood.
Gas Log Brands